福彩快三湖北走势图—官方网址22270.COM_ Iran says cut of nuke commitments "wake-up call" for related parties

Source: Xinhua| 2019-11-08 19:44:08|Editor: xuxin
Video PlayerClose

TEHRAN, Nov. 8 (Xinhua) -- Iran's cut of commitments pertaining to the 2015 nuclear deal is a "wake-up call" for the remaining parties of the deal to protect Iran's interests, Iran's Ambassador to Britain Hamid Baeidinejad was quoted as saying by Press TV Friday.

Baeidinejad said Iran's recent measure to resume uranium enrichment at its Fordow nuclear facility was "adopted as a warning to the other sides and the international community that we are at a crisis."

Iran will continue to increase its nuclear activity every two months unless it receives the economic benefits it was promised when it signed the nuclear deal with world powers in July 2015, he said.

"We hope this warning would encourage all other parties to implement their commitments," he added.

In a reaction to the U.S. withdrawal from the landmark 2015 Iranian nuclear deal in May 2018 and the subsequent sanctions, and in a response to the Europe's sluggishness in facilitating Iran's banking transactions and its oil exports, Iran, since six months ago, has staged moves to drop its nuclear commitments.

Besides the recent move to begin enrichment activities in Fordow, Iran has stated to build stockpiles of nuclear fuel and enrich low-grade uranium to a higher level of purity. It also started up advanced centrifuges to boost the country's stockpile of enriched uranium and research activities, all of which had been restricted by the nuclear deal.

TOP STORIES
EDITOR’S CHOICE
MOST VIEWED
EXPLORE XINHUANET
010020070750000000000000011100001385400271